South Side High School is proud to be the only Northeast Indiana high school to offer the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
The rigorous, pre-university IB program focuses on the development of the whole person through an international perspective and is available for students in 11th and 12th grades.
This IB Diploma Programme is recognized by many universities during admission selection. And, evidence suggests higher rates of IB Diploma Programme students go on to higher education than non-IB students.
For specific information about South Side’s IB Programme please click here: South Side iB Programme Pamphlet
IB Coordinator: Kara Fultz (Kara.Fultz@fwcs.k12.in.us)
The core elements of the IB program are:
- Theory of Knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service, in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
The six subject groups are:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The Arts
More information about the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is available here.